Thank you for your interest in SAMHSA’s Knowledge Application Program.
Please note the course cannot be accessed using SAMHSA bookstore user name and password. The login is different than the SAMHSA account.
The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration’s (SAMHSA’s) Center for Substance Abuse Treatment (CSAT) offers online continuing education for substance abuse treatment professionals. These courses are made available through the Knowledge Application Program (KAP). The online courses are designed to provide you with an opportunity for professional growth and the continuing education hours you need to maintain certification or licensure. Our Web-based system allows you to complete these courses at any time from the comfort, privacy, and convenience of your home or office.
What Courses Are Offered?
Currently we offer these courses:
- Prescription Medication (Part 1): Misuse, Abuse, and Dependence
- Prescription Medication (Part 2): Addressing Addiction
- Organizational Development: Using Financial Information as a Nonfinancial CEO
- Organizational Development: Governance and the Board of Directors
- Organizational Development: Marketing as Collaboration
- Acamprosate: A New Medication for Alcohol Use Disorders
- Anger Management for Substance Abuse and Mental Health Clients
for more details on the course offerings. You must sign in first to take a course.
Are the Courses Accredited?
JBS International, Inc. is an approved provider through NAADAC, the Association for Addiction Professionals (Provider Number 377).
The Center for Substance Abuse Treatment is an NBCC-Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEP™) and may offer NBCC-approved clock hours for events (or programs) that meet NBCC requirements. Sessions (or programs) for which NBCC-approved clock hours will be awarded are identified in the program descriptions on this Web site. The ACEP is solely responsible for all aspects of the program. (NBCC-Approved Continuing Education Provider Number 6442).
Please check with your State regulatory board to learn more about the policies related to online or home-study CEU Credit. State and board policies vary regarding authorized CEUs and how online continuing education is classified.
Will I Earn a Certificate?
A certificate of completion is available to you upon completion of each course as a PDF file. If you are unable to view it you may need to download Adobe Reader.
Will My Computer Work With the Web-based System?
Our Web-based System was carefully designed for use by most people who are able to surf the Internet. Because many of our courses include interactive exercises and flash movies, we recommend that your computer have the following technical capabilities:
- Windows XP/2000/Vista or Macintosh OS X
- Internet Connection (56.6 KB or higher)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer (version 6 or higher) or Mozilla Firefox (version 1.5 or higher)
- Browser Settings:
- Popup blocker disabled
- Adobe Flash Player (typically included with browser)
- Sound Card & Speakers (optional to hear sound)